Friday, October 3, 2008

Chip off the Old Block


Sorry for the camera phone shot but here is a pic of my daughter after receiving her award for participating in her first CC track meet, there were 7 teams in the meet. She placed 14th and was the 3rd scoring runner for her team. They don't compute the team scores at the meet but I think their team did really well.
She has expressed an interest in running in the past but with all the other activities it always gets buried. She will be entering high school next year and is looking forward to more official CC and Track formats.
I can remember very little about training for relatively short races. Looks like I'll be running a few more 5K's in the years to come.
I did one thing right though, I introduced her to the trail before the pavement!!

No comments: